Sweet Shrimp Goulash
Okay, it's not quite Goulash, but I'll call it what I want. If you want it red, add some paprika.
I made this the other night and it worked well for me.
- 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/3 tbsp of lemon juice
Bring to boil and reduce to coat the back of a spoon.
- 1 red onion chopped large
- 6 cloves are garlic shredded or pressed
- 3 jalepenos sliced (seeds in)
- 2 thai chilis sliced (seeds in)
- 3 table spoons of vegetable oil
Sweat the the above until onions loose their sharpness (not yet translucent). Immediately add:
- 4 cups of assorted exotic mushrooms (shitake and others to liking)
Cook until mushrooms take on juices and onions are translucent. Immediately add:
- 1 lbs of 26-30 count shrimp, pealed, tails off
Once shrimp are pink evenly add glaze. Cook until shrimp are done (30 seconds or so past pink).
Enjoy! It has some bite.