Moroccan Tilapia with a hint of Mexico
Success with Tilapia!
I like Tilapia. Frankly, it's probably one of my favorite white fish. However, there a only a few recipies that I like to do at home that are reliable. This past Friday night, I was tired and impatient and wanted to try something more risky and it was perfect. Here we go.. adapt as necessary:
- Take three filet of Tilapia of good size (total of about 1lbs). They should be ice-cold, almost frozen.
- Thoroughly cover both sides of each filet with Moroccan dry run, I used . Put about 1tbs of olive oil in a non-stick skillet and heat on high for a pan searing.
- Sear thoroughly on each side (90 seconds) so that both sides are crispy.
- Place the filets on a broiler pan and crush blue corn tortilla chips and sprinkle the crumbs on the top side -- one heaping handful of uncrushed con-chips per filet.
- Apply about 0.5 to 1 tbs of lime juice on top of the crushed chip.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes at 350 (or until done).
I served this on a bed of rice. It was awesome.